Wednesday 19 September 2007

Compost bin mark II


Compost bin - mark II, originally uploaded by 21goodlife.

There's not much interesting to write about compost bins - especially the second one. But, here it is!

I had to build the sides using two bricks wide, and without any gaps anywhere. The good news is, it's much stronger. I'm hoping it will mean less barracking from my neighbours as a result.

The pallet that the bricks were delivered on to our house has come in handy as a removable front. We still need another bin though, so I'll be on the look out for any bits and bobs lying around anywhere that can be used.

That's another job out of the way, and the back garden is now a little more clear; much to the delight of Sally.

2 comments:

anonymous said...

hey! i'm waiting for a new post!! i need inspiration for my allotment!

Tim said...

Wow, a reader!

Apologies, I've been very busy. I'll have something up this weekend.

Tim :-)